Ron Capelle was recently interviewed by David Creelman, a prominent researcher, writer, and analyst on Human Capital. David focused on Ron’s new book, Optimizing Organization Design: A Proven Approach to Enhance Financial Performance, Customer Satisfaction and Employee Engagement. (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2014).
The book presents a comprehensive approach to optimizing organization design. It is based on over 100 large scale projects and 23 research studies that Capelle Associates has completed over the past 25 years. The book shows that optimizing organization design can provide seven significant benefits.
The discussion covered many important topics.
- A key finding that optimizing organization design leads to better financial performance, customer satisfaction and employee engagement
- The discovery that the manager – direct report alignment is, by itself, directly related to performance improvement… and is wrong nearly half of the time
- The opportunity to better align tasks for professionals to improve employee engagement and reduce costs
- The three factors to consider to improve the probability of successfully matching people to positions
- The myth of a single ideal span of control
- The importance of the cross over point manager role in improving cross functional work, breaking down silos and completing large scale projects
The interview is available on David’s Blog.
The book, Optimizing Organization Design: A Proven Approach to Enhance Financial Performance, Customer Satisfaction and Employee Engagement. (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass 2014), is available at Amazon.
Executives interested in improving organizational capabilities are recommended to contact Ron Capelle today.